Spring also means birthday time at our house. Within our immediate family three of our five birthdays are within a two week spread between April and May. This year in an effort to scale back, we opted to not do birthday parties with a bunch of friends. So instead we went to Chuck E Cheese's as a family... twice! While their pizza is not my favorite thing in the world, I still love Chuck E Cheese's. I remember going there when I was a child, and how magical it all seemed. The excitement I would feel when I won tickets and then cashed them in for little treasures. I remember how real the big stuffed characters looked and sounded, when they rocked out on their little stage. What better place to spend an evening birthday. It is also nice, because the kids are old enough now that they don't need constant supervision, just give them a few tokens and let them go. Our visits were a big success, and hopefully we have now had our fill of Chuck E. for quite a while.
A turned 7 this year, here is his birthday cake & a picture of him enjoying it. He really wanted Star Wars, so I picked up this set of action figures and used spray paint to try and recreate his favorite scene, the ending battle in episode #2.
V, who turned 5 two weeks after A, wanted a butterfly, so here is the cake I made for her, along with a picture of her and Chuck E. Cheese. I was not as pleased with this cake as I have been of others in the past, but of course V thought it was the "Most beautiful butterfly in the whole world" and of course that is all that matters!
Even S got to enjoy a few rides on the carousel with her sister!








3 comments:
Happy Birthday to your kidos!
Too cute. You did a great job on the cakes. I hate the house of mouse. But, we go for our boys. We don't eat there, but just go for the games, etc.
We're excited to see you at the reunion.
How cute...and you did a wonderful job on the cakes. Tell the kiddos that Bobbi said Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment