Monday, December 15, 2008

Lego kids

My kids have never really played with Legos. They have had all different sizes for each age, but have never just sat and played with them much. But a few days ago, they rediscovered legos. This is all because of another tradition. This tradition is new this year, but was so successful that I think we will continue it for many years to come. We had the kids give gifts back to Santa. We went through all of the toys in the house (thanks Mom!), sorted them, put sets back together, cleaned them up, threw some away, etc. Then each of the kids went through their toys and decided what they were going to give back this year. We explained that some little boys and girls aren't as lucky as they are, and will not receive any toys this year, so we need to help them by giving them some of our toys. (I then took them to a shelter up in Salt Lake as part of our YW activity) Anyway, I was really proud of my kids, especially A, because he was so willing to give everything away. In the process, some old toys were re-discovered and one of those were these lego blocks. V decided to make a little girl with them and then A followed with a little boy, so here's to rediscovered toys and giving back to Santa.

1 comment:

Miss M said...

That is the BEST idea ever!!!! Seriously, I'm all for it. I'm totally doing that with O as she gets older. Thanks for passing it on.