Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of School


Yeah! Yesterday was the first day of school for A, who started the first grade. I was surprised at how emotional I became when he left. I think yesterday was a lot more difficult than when he went to Kindergarten. I think because he is going to be at school for so much longer, eating lunch there and playing on the play ground with older kids... I just kept wondering if I had prepared him well enough, and that he is growing up so fast! His teacher is Miss Richards and she seems really great, he came home from school tired but so excited, especially about eating in the cafeteria and the 'three recesses!' Here is his memorable quote for the day... I was helping him get ready in the morning, and commented that I wasn't sure what V and I would do without him all day, that we were going to miss him. Without even missing a step he said, "Well mom, you'll have peace and quiet! You can put V in front of a movie and put your feet up and rest!" I thought it was adorable.

1 comment:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I love it. "Put your feet up and rest!" That's so cute. The boys had so much fun on Saturday.